DIRECTORATE OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES
Welcome to the Directorate of Undergraduate Studies (DUS). This is one of the directorates at Mzumbe University. It has three departments namely: Department of Field Studies, Admissions Section and Examinations Section. The Directorate coordinates the following undergraduate programmes:
Twenty five (25) Bachelor Programmes for the academic year 2018/19. Among these programmes, Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing (BBA-MKT), Bachelor of Accounting and Finance in Business Sector (BAF-BS), Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) and Bachelor in Human Resource Management (BHRM) are offered at both Mzumbe University Main Campus and Mbeya Campus College. Applicants wishing to be enrolled into one of these programmes have to clearly indicate their campus preferences during their applications. Other Bachelor Programmes are offered at the Main Campus-Morogoro.
The Directorate offers 7 Diploma and 9 Certificate Programmes for the academic year 2018/19. All Diploma Programmes are offered at Mbeya Campus College except for Diploma in Applied Statistics (DAS) and Diploma in Information Technology (DIT) which are offered at the Main Campus-Morogoro. All Certificate Programmes are offered at the Main Campus-Morogoro except for Certificate in Accountancy (CA) and Certificate in Human Resource Management (CHRM) which are offered at Mbeya Campus College.
Any programme with the code starting with MU is offered at Mzumbe University - Main Campus while a programme with the code MMB is offered at Mzumbe University - Mbeya Campus College.
Functions and Roles of the Directorate
The Directorate’s functions include policy coordination of undergraduate programmes in terms of quality control and assurance. More specifically the functions of the Directorate are:
- Advising the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic) in all undergraduate academic matters;
- Vetting of all undergraduate academic programmes and programmes structures;
- Coordinating undergraduate applications, admissions and ensuring adherence to the delivery of approved programs of study;
- Coordinating registration of new and continuing students;
- Coordinating, preparing and issuing of academic certificates to graduates;
- Preparing University Almanac;
- Coordinating examinations matters and senate meetings;
- Preparing and issuing examinations and ID cards;
- Coordinating field studies for undergraduate students;
- Soliciting field study places and placement of undergraduate students;
- Coordinating field study report writing and evaluation by students and their supervisors;
- Disseminating information relating to undergraduate programs through workshops, exhibitions and conferences;
- Coordinating the implementation of field study policy;
- Providing host organizations with information about students’ field attachment;
- Preparing and issuing research clearance for students;
- Working closely with heads of academic units in all matters that relate to excellence in field attachment;
- Preparing and issuing of all letters relating to academic matters;
- Any other Functions as may be prescribed from time to time.
Our mission and vision
The mission of the University is to provide opportunities for acquisition, development, preservation and dissemination of knowledge and skills through training, research, technical and/or professional services.
The vision of the University is to make Mzumbe University recognized as a leading institution in Africa for demand driven knowledge generation, application, preservation and dissemination for socio-economic development by 2025.